Alright folks, we’re muddling through the difficult part of this project, so we figured we’d release a beta, and let everyone take it for a spin. More info after the jump.
What is this?:
- Currently, a full model and animations replacement of the Ice Climbers with Mario & Luigi.
What’s been done?:
- Lensho was tinkering with ice climber character replacement, and it got us thinking about this. I (Jack) was pretty excited about the idea, so I went ahead and spent the rest of the week replacing all 315 animations that appear within the ice-climbers’ animation data. Dingoberriz is working on porting the moveset over.
What will the final product be?:
- We’ll have the moveset injected, as well as a new voicebox for each of them. So, our goal is to have a very Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga or Bowser’s Inside Story-esque feeling to them. Be nice to .fade, and maybe he’ll develop co-op moves for an even more M&L:SsS-esque experience.
What’s not working here?:
- Well, you can fight. No apparent freeze-up glitches are present. This was our main goal, and now that it’s 99% out of the way, we can focus on the other glitches that occur.
- Yes. There two apparent ones that make it a little awkward at the moment. The first being a ‘run-in-place’ glitch that a lot of model swaps suffer with at first. The second one is a massive Rocket-shot UpB. They both use their jump, but the Popo-Nana “rope-throw” is still there, and blasts the main player into sub-Ozone orbit. Otherwise, this is a very playable.
Can they be fixed?:
- That’s the goal. Injecting their moveset is quite the bugger, since Nana… yeah – let’s not talk about it. Too much frustration. We’ll get it though. heh.
This is crazy! Can we expect a Donkey/Diddy duo or anything similar later?
- Sure, why not.
Where’s mah images and HD video?
- Yeah yeah, here you go. heh
And when we first started the project… we had nightmares. This was a challenging 3DS Max feat >_>;